Acne is a wide spread skin disease that occurs when hair follicles are clogged with dead skin cells and oil coming out of the skin. It is characterized by areas of blackheads or whiteheads, pimples, greasy skin and possible scarring. It is a skin disorder which makes you depressed. Not only this, you may lose the confidence of facing the crowd and trap yourself at your home to avoid your friends’ reactions on this.
You might have tried several treatments like over the counter medication and most of the people use harsh chemicals to treat acne and its scars. Is it the only way to treat your skin? Use of exotic scrubs and other chemical treatments may give you short term relief with their side effects and it is also one of the expensive ways to treat skin condition like acne.
In the treatment of acne, aloe vera plays an important role in defeating its symptoms efficiently and effectively. Among many treatment options including lifestyle changes, medications and medical procedures, aloe vera is the natural and ultimate way to keep acne at bay. It is a pretty awesome plant with medicinal properties and the surprising facts about it are given below.
Medicinal Properties and The Surprising Facts About Aloe Vera
- Aloe vera is called miracle plant because it is used to get rid of any skin disorders including acne.
- It contains gibberellins and glucomannan which improves collagen synthesis when applied or consumed.
- It consists of hormones called gibberellins and polysaccharides which contain antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which fight with bacteria thriving in the clogged pores.
- It efficiently absorbs the excess oil from the skin which prevents clogging of pores.
- The glycol-proteins present in it reduce the inflammation. It is also effective in reducing the irritation and redness caused by pimples.
- It acts as an antioxidant and contains zinc, vitamin C and vitamin E.
- Aloe vera is rich in ferments like catechins, carotenoids and flavonoids. Along with this, it is highly rich in carbohydrates and amino acids.
- As an astringent, it helps in contracting the skin, thus rendering the skin pores clean from any deposited sebum, dead skin cells or dirt.
- It is capable of purifying the blood and stimulates cell growth to heal the damaged skin.
Benefits of Aloe Vera For Acne
Aloe vera has been used in herbal medicine for over 2,000 years. Aloe vera plant is considered as “wand of heaven” and “plant of life” because of its thousands of uses in skin disorder treatments and in many beauty cosmetics products. If you spy up in the Egypt history you will find there are 6,000-year-old stone carvings of aloe plants. They called aloe vera the “plant of immortality”, and used to bury it along the side of dead pharaohs. It has 75 biologically active compounds with some pretty cool healing properties.
It also contains saponin, a compound with anti- inflammatory, and anti-fungal properties that is good for acne treatment. The other treatments only treat the surface symptoms, not the root cause. In short, aloe might help heal existing acne but it will not prevent new breakouts. It is not a complete treatment for acne because it doesn’t fix the root causes of acne. It can be a helpful addition to a holistic diet and lifestyle-based treatment for acne. You need to fix your diet and lifestyle to cure the root causes of acne and get rid of this threatening skin condition.